November 5, 2008

Out of control climbing

Everywhere Carter goes, he tries to climb! He got a new train for his birthday (a little earlier from his grandparents) :) His most favorite thing to do is to push it over to the couch, and use it as a stepping stone to get on the couch. Or he loves to stand on top of the train, or stand inside the seat that flips up. Then today, i'm sitting here on the computer, and I turn around, he is standing on top of a file box I have on the floor, trying to get on top of the dog bed. He was super proud of himself too. Then he went for the step stool.... (yes I know, captain obvious.... put it away) He climbs the baby gates and hangs from them....it just doesn't stop! lol

On a side note, our backyard kinda flooded last week because we had a sprinkler valve break. It wasn't major, but the grass was totally soaked and the patio was all wet. Jordan thinks that caused ants to come in and explore. :( We have not had ONE single ant in this house in 4 years, and in one week, I had 2 different invasions. :( I just have to share my little trick I learned though. Cornmeal works great! I had a bunch that were exploring in my bathroom, but not really going to anything. I put little piles or cornmeal in the corners, and on the sink, they went to that and some died in the pile. But I also read somewhere that they take it back to their homes and the others eat it and it kills them. Easy non-toxic way to get rid of them! It took a few days though, and that part was annoying.

I just finished ordering the sandwiches for Carter's birthday party this weekend (Butch's grinders...yummy!) Now i'm off to work a little this afternoon.

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

I have a little climber too! Gavin loves to climb onto the bar stools and then onto the counter about 10 times a day!!

Melissa said...

Luckily my husband's fearfulness was passed down to my kids so they aren't climbers. I remember once I walked into my sister in laws house and her one year old was standing on the kitchen table reaching for the fan pulls above the table. Scary!

Where is Butches grinders? How do they compare to Sub Station and D'Elias?