February 25, 2009

MMR Vaccination

Tomorrow is Carter's 15 month appointment. I postponed the MMR vaccination at his 12 month appointment, and said I would reevaluate my decision at 15 months. I am still SOO torn on what to do. I have prayed for guidance, and clarity, and I feel as though i'm still right where I was 3 months ago.

I wish I would just feel like I knew what the "right" decision was for us. I know this is such a controversial topic, and I don't think blogging about this is going to give me the answer i'm looking for, however I just need to get it out.

I understand that there is a lack of evidence on both sides of the argument. I have reseached vaccines off and on for the past year, and still have yet to make a solid decision.

I just feel like its a catch 22. If I give him the vax, and he has a bad reaction, I will never forgive myself. However if I don't give him the vax, and he contracts one of the illnesses, I would feel the same way.

I am praying God will help me make a decision. I just want to make an informed decision, and do what is best for Carter!

AGHHHHHHHHH

4 comments:

Kara said...

I postponed Jordyn's and I'm not saying do as I do but if there is little threat he will contract one of the dieases I would just wait. For us Jordyn is at home with me, she does not go to daycare, strangers don't randomly touch her or hold her and I just feel better about giving her a vaccine at an age where she can tell me something feels weird. It's so hard to tell how kids react because they give them these shots younger and younger. I haven't done tons of research but like you said if I did give her the shot and she completely changed before my eyes I think I would be devastated. Just a my opinion. I hope you find comfort in whatever you decide hun!

The Little family said...

AWWWWWW!!! I feel the SAME way Carrie. I hate shots, and all the drama and anxiety they give us mommy's:( Ashton's had all his shots so far, but that MMR is comimg up? GAG! That is all I can say.

Jenny said...

I understand how you feel. We had the same dilemma. We are very cautious and selective about vacs. Hope everything goes ok with your decision and you are able to determine what to do.

Paige Hinrichs said...

Where's an update? Blog girl! Blog!